We asked our students and here’s what they said are the key reasons to live at Women’s:
- Secure environment on the University of Sydney campus – close to everything
- The food! Three meals a day seven days a week – Women’s has the best food on campus
- Tutorial Program led by Academic Teaching Fellows
- Academic Assistants providing academic support and leadership
- Resident Assistants providing pastoral support and leadership
- Professional Development and Leadership Programs
- Professional mentoring program
- Resource Centre including library, reference works and study space
- Senior Common Room study space for students in 4th year or above
- Large alumnae community with professional contacts
- Extensive social, sport and cultural program
- Senior staff living on site
- Peer support
- Beautiful New Sibyl Centre with design studio, outdoor terraces, tutorial and music practice rooms
- Common Room facilities
- Clean comfortable rooms
- Clean bathrooms – no boys!
- Post graduate rooms with shared ensuite bathrooms
- Wireless and internet connection
Complete the online application form and send the required supporting documentation to the College. Your application is not complete until we have received all your documents.
Demand for places can be high and we recommend applying as soon as possible. You do not need to wait to receive an offer from an approved university to apply to Women’s. You may defer your place for one year to take advantage of a Gap year opportunity, provided that you have accepted a full time place at an approved university and that you have been offered and have accepted a place at The Women’s College.
Undergraduate residency applications remain open to provide prospective students with the best opportunity to seek a place at Women’s College. However, as places are limited each year it is recommenced that students submit an application as early as possible in the year prior to entry.
If you are a student participating in the Study Abroad and Student Exchange Program, we look forward to welcoming you to our Community. Currently Women’s College has a number of opportunities for residency for interested students studying/about to study an approved university as part of the Study Abroad and Student Exchange Program.
Yes, each year between 15% and 20% of the College’s new student cohort are either international students or Australian residents living overseas who wish to study in Sydney.
The Principal and Vice Principal are experienced in understanding and reviewing different national and international school results for the purposes of assessing an applicant’s academic performance. The majority of these alternatives can be converted to an ATAR as part of the final enrolment process, prior to a University offer.
A student must be enrolled in a full-time tertiary degree at university. While the College is situated within The University of Sydney, students who wish to expand their academic, leadership and social opportunities at Women’s may be studying at one of the following metropolitan universities (approved universities):
- The University of Sydney
- Australian Catholic University (Sydney)
- Macquarie University
- University of New South Wales
- The University of Notre Dame Australia, Sydney Campus
- University of Technology Sydney
For a student entering tertiary study for the first time, and who wishes to study at a university other than The University of Sydney, the student is required to:
- have a confirmed place at The Women’s College (evidence by signed Student Residency Agreement (SRA) or Affiliate Student Agreement (ASA) and payment of an Admissions Confirmation Fee); and
- provide the requisite documentation to the College of their ATAR and university course offer within the timeframe indicated in the SRA or ASA.
No. Only shortlisted applicants are offered an interview.
The interview process commences in May each year. Once the online application is complete and supporting documentation is received, a completed application is assessed for interview. Shortlisted applicants are invited to interview. Interviews are normally conducted in person but may be held on Skype if a student is unable to attend in person.
Women’s offers an Affiliate Program for non-resident students. The application process is the same as for a resident, and many of the benefits of College life are also the same.
Offers will be sent to applicants in one of the following rounds:
- Early Offer (early September)
- Main Round (mid-October)
- Late Round (January, if places are still available)
All offers (residency and affiliate) are conditional on the applicant receiving a full time offer in a degree at an approved university.