The Women’s College welcomes applications from female students who are enrolled in full-time undergraduate or postgraduate courses at the University of Sydney. Undergraduate and postgraduate students may apply for residency, or as Affiliate students (non-residential, day students). Applications are offered on merit throughout the year and Affiliates may join the College community at any time.
Applications are open for the following entry points:
- Residency for the 2020 Academic Year
- Residency for Semester 2 2019
- Affiliate Membership for Semesters 1 and 2 2019
- Affiliate Membership for Semester 1 2020
Interested students are advised to submit their applications promptly.
How to apply
- Complete the online application form including $110 application fee
Once you have submitted your application you will receive an acknowledgment email from the College to inform you about how to submit your supporting documentation. The College requires the following supporting documents as they become available:
Undergraduate Applicants (looking to commence tertiary study for the first time in the future)
- Copy of your Birth Certificate and/or photo page of your current Passport
- Copy of your current school report
- Copy of your ATAR (or equivalent) notification when available
- Copy of your University of Sydney undergraduate course offer when available
- One referee report (Please see note below regarding appropriate referees)
Please note: If you are an Undergraduate Applicant who is in second or third year of University, or who is planning to study as part of the Student Abroad Program, please provide your University transcripts in lieu of your Year 12 reports and ATAR.
- Copy of your most recent University results
- Your University of Sydney graduate course offer
For Undergraduate Applicants who are yet to commence tertiary study, the referee report must be from an academic source. For example:
- school principal
- senior teacher, boarding head, careers advisor
For Undergraduate Applicants who are in second or third year of University, the referee report must be a character report from someone who has known you for 2 – 5 years. For example:
- former secondary school teacher
- university lecturer or tutor
Please use the referee report format. References submitted in other formats will not be accepted.
Once the College has received your completed application, the Dean of Students will contact you.
Attend an Interview
If you are shortlisted for interview, the Dean of Admissions will invite you to meet with a member of the College’s senior academic panel. Skype interviews for interstate and overseas applicants can be arranged. The interview takes approximately 40 minutes.
The College will contact you to discuss the outcome of your application within two weeks after your interview.
Book a tour find out more
Please contact the Dean of Admissions, (e) [email protected] or (t) +61 (0)2 9517 5018 to either book a tour of College or to discuss your College application for either residency or affiliate student membership.