The Women’s College welcomes applications from female students who are enrolled in full-time undergraduate or postgraduate courses at one of the following universities (approved universities):
- University of Sydney
- Australian Catholic University (Sydney)
- Macquarie University
- University of New South Wales
- University of Notre Dame Australia, Sydney Campus
- University of Technology Sydney.
Undergraduate and postgraduate students may apply for residency, or as Affiliate students (non-residential, day students). Applications are offered on merit throughout the year and Affiliates may join the College community at any time.
Applications are open for the following entry points:
- Residency and Affiliate Membership for the 2021 Academic Year
- Affiliate Membership for Semester 2 2020
Interested students are advised to submit their applications promptly.
How to apply
- Complete the online application form including $110 application fee
Once you have submitted your application you will receive an acknowledgment email from the College to inform you about how to submit your supporting documentation. The College requires the following supporting documents as they become available:
Undergraduate Applicants (looking to commence tertiary study for the first time in the future)
- Copy of your Birth Certificate and/or photo page of your current Passport
- Copy of your current school report
- Copy of your ATAR (or equivalent) notification when available
- Copy of your approved university undergraduate course offer when available
- One referee report (Please see note below regarding appropriate referees)
Please note: If you are an Undergraduate Applicant who is in second or third year of University, or who is planning to study as part of the Study Abroad and Student Exchange Program, please provide your University transcripts in lieu of your Year 12 reports and ATAR.
- Copy of your most recent University results
- Your University of Sydney graduate course offer
For Undergraduate Applicants who are yet to commence tertiary study, the referee report must be from an academic source. For example:
- school principal
- senior teacher, boarding head, careers advisor
For Undergraduate Applicants who are in second or third year of University, the referee report must be a character report from someone who has known you for 2 – 5 years. For example:
- former secondary school teacher
- university lecturer or tutor
Please use the referee report format. References submitted in other formats will not be accepted.
Once the College has received your completed application, the Registrar will contact you.
Attend an Interview
If you are shortlisted for an interview, the Registrar will invite you to meet with a member of the College’s senior academic panel. Skype interviews for all applicants will be arranged. The interview takes approximately 40 minutes.
The College will contact you to discuss the outcome of your application within two weeks after your interview.
Please contact the Registrar, (e) firstname.lastname@example.org or (t) +61 (0)2 9517 5018 to discuss your College application for either residency or affiliate student membership.