Library and Archives
The Women’s College Library is located in the Vere Hole Resource Centre. It is primarily for the use of College residents. The most visible part of the library is the fiction collection and the Women’s Collection of feminist and gender studies books. The bulk of the library is housed downstairs in the Stack. The Library holds around 16 000 items, and specialises in women’s history, gender studies, and English, Australian, and French literature.
The Judith Robinson-Valery collection of French literature, the Dale Spender Collection of feminist studies, and the wider Women’s Collection may be of interest to outside researchers, who should make their inquiries to [email protected].
Students may borrow from the whole library during library hours and can access their personal library accounts on the catalogue page.
The College Archives are located in the Vere Hole Resource Centre. They cover the full range of the College’s history, from its establishment in 1892 up to the present day. They also hold the personal papers of several of the College’s principals, including Louisa MacDonald (founding Principal) and Doreen Langley (Principal 1957-1974). The Archives reflect the life and work of the College, its residents, and its staff.
A great strength of the Archives is material relating to our alumnae. Please consider contacting us if you wish to make a donation.
We welcome inquiries from bona fide researchers interested in the College and its history. The Archives is staffed one day a week. Please send research enquiries to [email protected].